San Lorenzo SX 88 is a little revolution indeed. It is not easy to manufacture a yacht for people who really love sailing and being close to the sea. SX 88 is a model from the new crossover line. The Italian ship builder wanted to combine the best of the compact explorer yacht and the fly bridge yacht. This Sanlorenzo’s yacht was introduced to the world at the Cannes Yacht Festival in 2017. It was a brave move that paid off.
San Lorenzo SX 88 – Ready to Shine
This yacht was designed in the cooperation with Officina Italiana Design. Clean lines, precise attention to details and great choice of materials and colors are the main characteristics features of their work. They are Sanlorenzo’s valuable partners who worked with them on other successful projects as well. Their aim is to create innovative and timeless yacht. They added several new elements such as an open transom in order to fit the 4.57 m tender and a Jet Ski on the 30 meter square bathing platform through an integrated davit crane. Their design of reverse-angled windshield adds to SX 88’s polished look.
- Length overall : 26.70 m
- Maximum beam : 7.20 m
- Draught @ full load : 1,70 m
- Maximum speed : 23 knots
- Engine : 3 x IPS 1050 Volvo (800 HP)
- Guests accommodation : 8 people
- Accommodation for the crew : 3 people
- Fuel oil tank capacity : 9,300 l
San Lorenzo SX 88 – The Layout
Sanlorenzo is famous by its individual approach to each client, considering their personal taste and preferences not only when it comes to interior and décor, but also the layout of the yacht. There are three options for the layout and it can be changed without moving the structural elements allowing the owner to choose whether his cabin should be situated forward on the main deck or amidships on the lower deck. Sanlorenzo’s motto is made-to-measure and they do keep their word.
SX 88 as a Social Yacht
The designer of SX 88 thought about the younger generation and the life on board. Therefore it offers a huge amount of space, something pretty impressive for the yacht of this size and also a new more ‘social’ way to live the life on board. The wide space and large glass windows smartly incorporated in the design balance the interior and exterior exactly the way the most experienced yachtsmen would wish for.
SX 88 has a lot of innovative solution, one of which is the lack of helm, which can make the fore area of the main deck to be either totally free and left as the wide open multi-functional space or there can be situated the owner’s cabin. This is a feature of a large superyacht, something that has never been seen before on the yacht of this size.
The lower deck of this yacht is not less astonishing as it offers 4 (or 5 if requested) double cabins. The client chooses where is going to be his cabin. If the owner’s suite is on the lower deck, there is an open layout on the main deck.
- The outstanding stern area – As it was mentioned before it is the work of the Officina Italiana Design, one of their innovative solutions. The beach club level is 5 steps lower than the main deck, spacious enough to accommodate all the toys and the crane to move this everything is elegantly hidden in the prolonged profile of the handrail without disturbing SX 88 stunning silhouette.
- The sky lounge – The windshields are fixed forward on the front of the sole helm position. There are also four meters long side windows which can be lowered completely.
- The owner-to-be can put his personal touch by choosing the colours and materials. There is not so much furniture though in order to keep the space spacious enough and most of them are free-standing.
- SX 88 is environmentally friendly – Sanlorenzo used materials and processes of manufacture which have low impact on the environment. It is the combination of high power lithium batteries, new lightening technologies, energy management system, efficient thermal insulation and window glass that allows SX 88 to use all systems on board for 4 to 8 hours with zero emissions. SX 88 is awarded with Green Class by RINA.
San Lorenzo SX 88 Review – Clients’ Favourite
Sometimes you just have to make risky decision in order to be successful and SX 88 is the living proof of such a success story. The first nine hulls were sold even before the official public debut at the Cannes Show. Obviously the clients appreciate how special SX 88 really is.
San Lorenzo SX 88 – Price
Its price reflects the hard work and great innovations combined with luxury and packed in very tempting looks. The price of the new model starts on 5,200,000 Euros (VAT information is not stated). SX 88 was designed to satisfy the experienced yachtsmen but also to attract younger buyers. Although it is a new member of Sanlorenzo family, she is already a commercial success.
For those interested in buying their own yacht, here are the basic steps you have to follow:
- First of all you have to decide which type of the yacht you want based on your experience, personal preferences and of course your budget.
- Do you want new or pre-owned yacht?
- The research before actual purchase is essential. Contact the broker and visit the yachts exhibitions.
- Eventually you will have to narrow down your options.
- The sea trial is a must.
- Now you can close the deal and enjoy!